From: Jochen Wiedmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 19 June 2008 15:16
To: Peter Maher (POZ Ltd)
Cc: jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Chinese characters in source object is emitted as ? Characters in
XML

2008/6/19 Peter Maher (POZ Ltd) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Is there a problem with JaxMe and Chinese characters?

The answer is almost certainly "No". It is much more likely, that there is an
error in your handling.,

> I am setting my source object property (which is a String) to the
> following "Documentary evidence (此�f明文件)"
> Storing the Chinese in a file and editing with a Hex editor shows that
> the bit in brackets reads E6 AD A4 E8 AA AA E6 98 8E E6 96 87 E4 BB B6
>
> But when I marshal my object to XML I get "Documentary evidence (?????)"
> In hex the bit in brackets is 3F 3F 3F 3F 3F

I agree, that the question marks don't look good. However, the reason is most
possibly a problem in the way you are reading and/or writing the XML file. You
do not supply code, so I am unable to guess.

Jochen

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before you break
'em.

 -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)