The form queue number n is the order in which the form queues were created.
So, starting from an empty slate (i.e. no spooler):

SP-NEWTAB -> creates Form Queue 'STANDARD' which is form queue 0 (zero)
SP-CREATE MERCURY . . . -> creates form queue 1
SP-CREATE VENUS . . .   -> creates form queue 2
SP-CREATE EARTH . . .   -> creates form queue 3

Each subsequent SP-CREATE (or option 1 on the SP-STATUS menu) creates the
next logical form queue number.

These 3 statements are therefore equivalent:

SP-ASSIGN =VENUS
SP-ASSIGN F2
SP-ASSIGN Q2

SP-STATUS displays the form queues in Q-number sequence, starting with
'zero'.

If you delete a form queue, the other queue numbers remain the same, the
'hole' is not filled in any way.

The only way to change the order is to create the form queues in a
different order.

If you already have an existing spooler and you are on the latest jBASE
release (5.7.0), you can use the 'sp-fqscript' command to create a script
from the current spooler that can be used to regenerate the form queue
definitions after running SP-NEWTAB. You then can edit this script and
rearrange the order in which the queues are created. If you are not on the
latest release then I suggest you create the script manually. If you ever
have to refresh the spooler, this script will be a life-saver.

Hope this helps,

Daniel Klein

"Code as if whoever maintains your code is a violent psychopath who knows
where you live." -- François Poulin
https://elegantcode.com/2007/11/12/great-quote-on-software-development/