Yes, the way this is done is to use a custom form type. Take a look at
'$JBCRELEASEDIR/config/jspform_deflt'.

Use

STARTJOB set_pcl
and
ENDJOB reset_pcl

to set the PCL sequences before and after print job are despooled.

The 'set_pcl' and 'reset_pcl' would be your programs that send the PCL
sequences to the printer.

Don't forget to assign the custom form type to the form queue. For example,
if the form queue is HPLASERJET and the form type is 'jspform_custom' then

SP-TYPE HPLASERJET custom

will assign 'custom' to the HPLASERJET queue.

Daniel Klein