Thank you for the example. I did a cut and paste and ran it.

It was good to see the file it created and helped me understand the file
contents.

I assume using the -h<file> option basically replaces using the STARTJOB in
my jspform_custom file?  If so, I take it that the ENDJOB will have to
stay? Although it seems like the printer is automatically resetting itself.
I need to confirm that though..

Thank you,
Patrick

On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 9:27:09 AM UTC-7, ma...@proman.com wrote:

> This is a quick and dirty I have used in the past, which can be used in
> conjunction with STARTJOB or to write the commands to a text file.
>

> Syntax is
>
> PROGNAME option {TEXTFILEPATH}
>
> e.g. HPCTRL DUMMY C:\temp\HP17CPI.TXT
>

> Then as Dan pointed out add the -h C:\temp\HP17CPI.TXT as part of the
> SP-CREATE or SP-DEVICE statement.
>

>   ESC = CHAR(27)
>
>   CPI17 = ESC:'&k2S'
>
>   IF SENTENCE(1) = "MARGIN" THEN
>
>     CPI17:= ESC:'&a7L'
>
>   END
>
>   IF SENTENCE(2) THEN
>
>     OPENSEQ SENTENCE(1) TO TEXTPATH ELSE NULL
>
>     WRITESEQ CPI17 ON TEXTPATH ELSE STOP 'WRITESEQ'
>
>     CLOSESEQ TEXTPATH
>
>   END ELSE
>
>     PRINT CPI17:
>
>   END