From: Jay Walters [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 9:29 AM
To: ''[EMAIL PROTECTED]' '
Subject: RE: [JBoss-dev] Object Unique Id Generator

I think one of the issues here is what type of development is being done.
If it's for internal use, generally you're already wedded to a database
product and it's unlikely you'll change due to operational considerations.
If you're building a product which needs to run with multiple databases then
you need to address database portability issues.

Cheers
Jay