From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 4/11/01 2:41 PM
Subject: RE: [JBoss-dev] Object Unique Id Generator

The question is why use the database to generate unique id's? There is a
pattern at www.theserverside.com that describes a simple, reliable,
scalable
technique to generate a reasonable GUID. While most applications will
use
databases as their only persistent storage, what is the benefit of
introducing additional coupling by utilizing the database for unique
id's?

Scott