Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> No reason to tie an entire jar to a single datasource.  I'll check my code
> to see if it can support multiple datasources, although I don't think it
> will work with most DBs.  This would require the DBs to natively support
> JDBC 2.0 XA transactions, and if I remember most DBs don't have 2-phase
> commit drivers yet.
>
> -dain

I believe they are getting much closer (at least if implementations of
the XA extensions to JDBC are a true indicator). Of course, many of the
XA implementations are broken in incompatible ways.

Also, this wouldn't matter so long as the beans that are in different
databases are in different transactions. But then there'd be no reason
not to split them into different ejb-jar files.

-danch