But if they're in the same transaction, they must use the same isolation
level - per our discussion on the database doing an implicite commit
when you try to change levels. I don't think it makes logical sense to
talk about having two different transaction isolation levels in the same
transaction, either - either the transaction is serializable or the
transaction is read-committed.

-danch