Hi,

Bill Burke:
> Why can't a transaction manage different resources and each of those
> resources use a different transaction-isolation level?  What's wrong with
> that?

There is nothing wrong with the idea IMHO.

As I told earlier, some DB's (Informix) actually can do such
isolation level switching inside a transaction. ANSI seems to not
support that and so there might be DBs out, that follow ANSI and
can't do it (or even worse, do an implicit commit). And the EJB
specs seem to not like it, considering the least advanced common
behaviour.

No need for us, to do it better (and warn the user, that it is
possibly not portable to other EJB servers, but who would wan't
that anyway :-) (Ok, just kidding).

regards
Georg
 ___   ___
| + | |__    Georg Rehfeld      Woltmanstr. 12     20097 Hamburg
|_|_\ |___   [EMAIL PROTECTED]           +49 (40) 23 53 27 10