|different bean types by attaching different pools to those beans.  You're
|totally right that without true XA and 2pc, using 2 different pools is
|probably a bad idea and should be avoided at all costs.

not so fast :)

actually we can use the isolation levels (which is an important thing) if we
say clearly

"don't go using 2 pools and many IL within one transaction if your database
driver doesn't support 2 phase commit".

But if you want to do a transaction with only one isolation level in it then
this is perfectly fine, and in fact i suspect that if stuff goes right the
2pc will work just fine, it is just if stuff goes wrong that it might be a
bit tricky,

it is not because the jdbc drivers are messy that we should not offer the
feature.

Since there is no other way to offer the feature, I am all for using the 2
pools now :P

fuck bad XA support

marcf