on 1-08-08 22.03, Schaefer, Andreas at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Maybe you have a farm of app. servers w/o a Servlet Engine but
> you need one for the MGT server.

Scenario :
- I have two machines running JBoss with servlet engines for failover and
loadbalance purposes ! - I would not run one of them without ! - Yes ...
- I have a farm of n machines running JBoss where x runs with servlet
engines and y without servlet engines - I have now effectively introduced a
real mess in my configuration, and my loadbalasing/failover scheeme is just
very *very* complex now - Yes ...

- Usability :
    when running a farm of JBoss :
        recomendation - run same config on same hardware, OS, JVM ...

And let the MGT server be the JMS, JNDI, TX, what have U -> collector /
replicator(inactive as of yet but in stand by mode) ...

>But when we go a step
>further and want to integrates the JBoss 3.0 vision
>of an WebOS on the same GUI we need the MGT server
>before any other server are up and running.

Not a problem there ! ... feel free to start the MGT server before any other

/peter_f