hi jason,

On Wed, 2001-09-19 at 21:10, Jason Dillon wrote:
> Just a note, but it looks like there is still a problem with MDB tx timeouts
> with a non-xa connection factory.  I mentioned this problem a while ago,
> then the world fell apart, then my computers freaked out and then I got ill.
>
> Now, I have recomved from 2 of the 3 and am looking into this problem some
> more.  I am currently using a 2.5 snapshot, so I might move over to 2.4.x.
> It does have the new locking and jbossmq stuff right?
>
> Anyways, I think there is still an issue with the tx recipts for an MDB.  I
> have to set the default tx timeout insainly high to avoid this problem.

we've been experiencing something similar here, strange TX timeouts when
using Entity Beans from a MDB (actually the MDB calls a SLSB which does
some stuff which involves ~10 EB's). the TX times out after just ~5
seconds despite the fact that the timeout is set to 200 or somethng like
that ... we're trying to nail down the problem and see if we can get a
minimal test case for reproducing this by tomorrow.

on the other hand, a first look actually suggests that the problem is
when an Entity Bean throws a CreateException and calls setRollBackOnly()
... with 2.4.0 the SLSB was able to catch() the CreateException; with
2.4.1 the CreateException never gets through to the SLSB.

this only started to happen when we switched over to 2.4.1 (which does
have the new locking and JBossMQ in place); 2.4.0 does not show this
behaviour. hope to have more precise data available by tomorrow.

stay tuned,
        christian