|> 1. How does your program find its local directory?  I don't want to bind
|> anything in jndi, since jndi may not be started when these local
|> directories are copied.  I think it's time for the JBossFilesSystemRoot
|> mbean which anyone can use to find the jboss local directory structure.
|> I'm thinking this would be the first mbean loaded, and could be used by
|> everyone else to find where stuff is.  For instance, log4j can find its
|> config files, the ServiceDeployer can find where to put local
|directories,
|> and your app can find where to look for its local directory.  Is this OK
|> with everyone?
|No, as I may not have a usable local filesystem. Resources should be loaded
|from thread context class loader, not a filesystem.

You are right.

That is true of resources.  But I think the example that he took was poorly
chosen (config files).  But in the case of MQ it still needs a file system
to work so it is relevant that we ship it.

The point where I am a bit torn is that we want to tell people "stop
clinging on your FS, make it web friendly (what you talk about)" and on the
other hand we need to be realistic about the dependencies on FS these days.

I view this as an intermediary solution.

marcf