Hi Geeks

Recently this bug was reported on JBoss 2.4 stating that
JBoss server runs out of memory when to many hot-
deployment with big archives.

IMO this is not a bug because when people start to deploy
big archives then they have to deal with it.
- In Production this should not become a problem and when
  then a restart of JBoss is necessary
- In Development this should not be a big problem to bounce
   the server.

What do you think ?

Bugs item #482875, was opened at 2001-11-17 12:12
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=482875&group_id=
22866

Category: JBossServer
Group: v2.4 (stable)

Initial Comment:
I have been seeing OutOfMemoryErrors in my server after
doing several deploy/redeploy cycles of my application
.ear file (which is around 3 megs in size)

Basic info:
*Hardware: AMD-K2-400MHz, 196MB RAM
*OS: linux 2.2.14
*jdk: Blackdown-1.3.0-FCS, mixed mode
*Server: JBoss-2.4.3_Jetty-3.1.3-1
*ServerTrace: I don't have one now, but I can provide
one later if needed.
*Steps to reproduce: Deploy/Redeploy .ear file many
times. My .ear is around 3 megs, so it may be necessary
to use a large one to trigger this effect.

Other info
*I have had this happen using native threads mode, and
green threads mode.
*"Jozsa Kristof" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> has also reported
this error on the jboss-user list. He was using IBM jdk
1.3.0 on linux, so this doesn't appear to be tied to
any particular version of the jdk.

--Joel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andreas Schaefer