Peter Levart wrote:

> What about using finder methods like in BMP EBs? The responsibility of a BMP
> finder method is to return a Collection of primary keys. That's easy to do
> with JDBC/SQL. There would only have to be a way to apply BMP finders to CMP
> beans and we'll have dynamic SQL already.
>
> Currently I'm using JDBC/SQL to retrieve primary keys and then a loop of
> findByPrimaryKey() for each key to obtain Local interfaces and it takes about
> 1-2 seconds per 30 objects. The abovementioned BMP finders would speed things
> up considerably since it would only take one invocation...

That may still takes n+1 DB hits - remember that the BMP finder returns
a set of keys - beyond that you're OK if the bean is already in cache
(commit option A). If you're doing all this from a session bean (in
transaction) it shouldn't be any faster with a BMP finder than what
you're doing. Unless I'm missing something big.

-danch