On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Rickard [ISO-8859-1] Öberg wrote:

> Andreas Schaefer wrote:
>
> > I don't see the point here. The copying of the file is done when it get
> > deployed
> > and this is a rare occurance. When you now have to open/close the connection
> > to the URL then it can affect the overall performance which I think is the
> > worse
> > that to copy the file.
>

> The open/close only happens at deploy time, so no problem
>

> > Also the file must inflated anyway and do I miss something ?
>

> AFAIK the file would *not* have to be inflated. What are the reasons it
> must be inflated?

See David Jencks previous message in this thread where he said it is
needed for ears, sars and any other JAR archive which has nested JAR
archives in them which have to be used by a CL. So, inflating is needed
unless you dump standard j2ee packaging (which, in fact, we are discussing
in a different thread, well we would need it for backward compatibility
but still) or come up with a way of (getting inside a jar)* to reach
another jar without inflating them. ^^^^^^regex^^^^^^^^^^^

Packaging sucks...

Anatoly.