On 2001.11.27 16:32:05 -0500 David Budworth wrote:
> Sorry to follow up my own message, but I need another question answered.
>
> Note: In the previous message, I was incorrectly saying db/messaging,
> it's
> really db/jbossmq/file
>
> Is it possible to have queues named:
>
> companyA
> companyA/myqueue1
> companyA/myqueue2
>
> I'm changing (in anticipation that deep queues are valid), the file pm
> for queues.  It currently just get's a list of all files in
> db/jbossmq/file/
>
> Then attempts to restore the MessageLogs for each file in that list.
>
> When MessageLog attempts to restore, it just looks for a "." in the name
> (ie: QUEUE.bob), and restores all messages files in that dir, if no "."
> is
> there it assumes the file is a message log and attempts to restore it
> directly, which is why my stuff is failing, because it looks like
> QUEUE.companyA/myqueue1/*
> But the restoration code assumes "myqueue1" is a file, and not a subdir
> (because no ".")
>
> It seems to me, that a much easier fix is to not restore the queue on
> startup, but instead restore in when the DD is deployed.
>
> But I suppose there may be a need to restore a queue before it's
> actually defined?
>
> The auto-restored queues doesn't show up in the 8082 UI (BTW what's that
> called?).  So I am not sure why the PM is creating an instance of
> MessageLog for them at startup.
>
> Am I just not getting it?

You need to read in all the info pertaining to a particular pm when the pm
is started so you can figure out what to do with incomplete transactions.

Is there some way you can improve the naming conventions to make your
nested queue names work without modifying the rest of the startup code?

david jencks