----- Original Message -----
From: "Allen Fogleson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2001 9:04 AM
Subject: Re: [JBoss-dev] Automated JBoss Testsuite Results

> >"javac is in the classpath" - is there something I can change in my
> >config to correct this?  I believe I have an empty CLASSPATH when
> >starting the jboss tests - so it should just be what jboss/ant
> >adds...
> >
> actually javac (tools.jar) has to be in the jboss-service.xml file AND
> in the lib/ext dir. Just being in the classpath didn't work for me. we
> could change the build script slightly to work.
>
> in my build script i changed
> /jboss-all/server/src/etc/conf/default/jboss-service.xml by adding
> tools.jar to the classpath element. then in my build script in the
> _module-j2ee-most I added the following:
>
> <!-- copy the tools.jar to lib/ext -->
>     <copy file="${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar"
> tofile="${install.lib.ext}/tools.jar" />
>
> and now it just copies my tools.jar for me.
>
> I can check this in , its so simple I don't know why it hasn't been done
> before.... :)

Because this depends on which JVM your are using and the setting your
proposing does not work in general. On OS X the javac compiler is in the
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Classes/clas
ses.jar

The javac compiler can to be added to the system classpath of the server by
the
start script and does not need to be copied into the JBoss distribution.