Can you give a specific example of something that doesn't work the way you
want that doesn't involve a .war?

AFAIK you can make mbeans wait for ejbs, datasources,... anything
represented by a non-jsr77 mbean.

You can't make anything that isn't deployed from a *service.xml file wait
for anything.

I'd like to implement some kind of "wait for me" behavior based on
ejb-refs, resource-refs, etc, however these are based on jndi not mbeans so
some translation between the jndi name and the auto-generated mbean name
for whatever mbean is representing the thing bound in jndi will be
necessary.  I was thinking of doing this a bit later when I hope to be
working on my idea of "convert all dds to *service-xml format, then deploy
with SARDeployer" idea.

I don't really see why warnings would be necessary to be spec compliant.
Being able to get a list of waiting mbeans would be highly desirable
however.

david jencks