Are you sure it is that hard to understand or do?  Usually the default
order of peer subpackages works fine: if you want something else you can
use nesting.

I think that if we can convert jndi dependencies into mbean dependencies a
lot of problems will go away without any more deployment descriptors such
as an explicit list of what order to deploy subpackages in.

For instance, I would like to convert a resource-ref into an mbean
dependency on the e.g. connection factory so the ejb won't deploy until the
connection factory is set up.  Similarly, ejb-links can be converted into
mbean dependencies so the ejb will just wait to start until all the others
it uses are available.

david jencks