Hello,

My name is Ceki Gülcü. I am one of the lead developers of log4j and a
member of the Apache Software Foundation. Like many other developers
at Apache (and Jakarta), I am neither a Sun nor an IBM employee.

In the interview with Steve Anglin, he mentioned that there has been
much speculation regarding JBoss and Apache Jakarta, and whether JBoss
could become a Jakarta project.

I was not aware of any such speculation.

Apache's stated mission is to foster collaborative development and
distribution of open-source software. JBoss Group has shown impressive
technical capability and more importantly the ability to work and
collaborate as a team.  Consequently, I believe that JBoss could be an
excellent addition to Apache.

I am willing to work in order to sort out the details. However, it won't happen
without willingness on your part. Is this a venue you wish to explore?

In the mean time keep up the great work.

--
Ceki

My link of the month: http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/standardization/