Hi and happy Easter,

so following the ongoing discussions it looks to me
that we are looking for something that replaces the
Sun JMX Adaptor. It should be a webapp with a nice
outfit and similar functionality the current JMX
adaptor provides.

Since I am more a technical person myself but I would
like to help how about some design oriented person can
do some prototype HTML pages which we can convert to
JSP's and give them some life?

--Marcus

Hello Marcus!

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 09:36:26PM +0100, Marcus Redeker wrote:
> I was playing around a little the other day and created a JTree with
> MutableTreeNodes that looks similar to the list of all deployed MBeans
> which the HTML adaptor shows. I will probably extend that to be able
> to select one MBean and display attributes and operations.

Hmmm. I did the same thing yesterday... ;-)

> When I was looking at the stuff I was thinking that we actually have
> two systems of MBeans which need management. One is the view which
> the current SUN RI HTML Adaptor gives and the other would be a view
> oriented on the JSR77 domain hierarchy.

I think we should get the MBean-view done first.

> So when we create something new either Swing or Webapp oriented we
> should think of combining these two views into one console application.

IMHO there should be two applications, because the JSR77-console could
be used by your webmaster to deploy EJBs, WARs, etc. But he (or she) should
not
be able to control the deep JBoss functions.

> Is that something you guys agree with or am I totally on the wrong
> track here? One more think I am interested in (and also project managers
> in the project I am working for) is the statistics stuff from JSR77. It
> would be great to see these information in an upcoming management client.
> Is anybody working on implementing the StatisticsProvider interface for
> the JSR77 MBeans?

I think there was no need to expose such information because there is
no application that reads it. So we are here to change that... ;-)

CU
Thomas