> > // The service JMX name
> > String jmxName;
> > // The virtualHost the service wants to bind to which may be null
> > String virtualHost;
> > // The name of the JBoss service instance to support always giving an
> > // instance the same values
> > String serverName;
>

> I'm lost. What is this? Can you give an example?

Its what I have been referring to as the starksm and dsundstrom config
instances. Say we setup two JBoss instances of main.jboss.org. As Dan
is saying, I don't want to have to change my configuration to connect
to my instance each time the server is restarted. So when Jason configures
my instance he adds:

<mbean code="...ServiceBindingMgr" name="...,service=ServiceBindingMgr">
    <ServerName>starksm</ServerName>
</mbean>

while for your instance he adds:
<mbean code="...ServiceBindingMgr" name="...,service=ServiceBindingMgr">
    <ServerName>dsundstrom</ServerName>
</mbean>

Now there can be a static configuration for our instances for which the
client
ports, address in use is invariant across instance restarts.

> > // The default port
> > int port;
> > // The default interface
> > InetAddress bindAddr;
>

> Of these values, would the ServiceBindingManager only be allowed to
> change virtualHost, port, and bindAddr?

Yes.

> BTW, do you actually like this idea Scott?

Yes, its a definite improvement over what we have. In the future I
would like to see this integrated with a client side naming service but
as I said that is another layer.