> <mbean code="...ServiceBindingMgr" name="...,service=ServiceBindingMgr">
>     <ServerName>starksm</ServerName>
> </mbean>
>
> while for your instance he adds:
> <mbean code="...ServiceBindingMgr" name="...,service=ServiceBindingMgr">
>     <ServerName>dsundstrom</ServerName>
> </mbean>
>
> Now there can be a static configuration for our instances for which the
> client
> ports, address in use is invariant across instance restarts.

Why not let the ServiceBindingManager autogenerate necessary config files
for you (like jndi.properties or whatever else is needed)? Then use
something (like a simple Java program) that talks to the
ServiceBindingManager via JMXConnectors to pull the config files from the
ServiceBindingManager before you start your client that uses your personal
ServerName. This way, the ports can remain purely dynamic, no need for
static configurations.

Just my 2c.

Anatoly.