On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, David Jencks wrote:

> The location does not have to be accessible after deployment, so the mbean
> persistence mechanism has to store it itself.

why wouldn't it be accessible? and if my persistence mechanism is
something like Dain's CMP engine, I don't expect it to store the whole
mbean info object graph, only the values of individual attributes

> True, but the values of attributes are stored in the mbean info objects

theyre cached there, this is no reason to store the whole mbean info
structure if a simple getAttribute() will get me the value

> can be stored in the xmbean xml.  You can already specify initial values
> for mbean attributes in the xml rather than specifying them in jboss mbean
> dd.  In fact you can supply the xmbean xml in the *-service.xml file
> complete with values.

oh well, I give up. too much talk already and no code. you guys do what
you do, no biggie.

-- Juha