Yeah. Apple's 1.3.1 JVM doesn't catch the signal and implement the shutdown
correctly.

This is fixed in Apple's 1.4.1 Developer Preview 5 JVM, which is available
for free at connect.apple.com after you signup.

Most of the work remaining on the 1.4.1 JVM is GUI stuff. It's been running
JBoss great for me.

Hunter