I wouldn't go that far. The php guys could have written something that has the same performance as our J2EE implementation, but they didn't. It isn't a language, spec or platform issue, it is pure issue if implementation.

-dain

On Monday, January 13, 2003, at 06:28 PM, Bill Burke wrote:

Just validates that J2EE is the way to go and scales and this kiddy(your
words Marc) PHP crap although looks sexy, just doesn't scale.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of James
Higginbotham
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 6:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: JBoss Group
Subject: RE: [JBoss-dev] My fuck up

You guys thought of doing:

wget --recursive http://www.jboss.org, publish the static files every 15
min, and only use the PHP for processing submission forms? Just a
thought to quickly reduce your PHP dependence except for new forum
posts.. Dunno if you would have to pipe each file to a sed script or
something for some fine tuning, but that may be faster than waiting for
Jnuke to be completed, functionally tested, and load tested..

Or, I guess you could rollback the old website and update the links to
reflect 3.0.5, right?

James