you can explain that by the fact that

1.they have no cache (already said)

2.each invocation reload from the DB what it needs !!!
  for instance with permissions, if a user come
  and PN needs to check permissions, then it will retrieve
  permission from DB, serve the user and then these data
  are throwed away !!!!

  if you count the number of table PN needs, you understand
  quickly the problem.

julien

HB> thank you, this will sum up my expiriences over the last three years with
HB> these php guys, they have to taken seriously, because of their market
HB> position ...

HB> bax

>> Von: "marc fleury" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Antworten an: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Datum: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:53:48 -0500
>> An: "Jboss-Development@Lists. Sourceforge. Net"
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Cc: "'JBoss Group'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Betreff: [JBoss-dev] My fuck up
>>
>> I got nuked by postnuke.
>>
>> The stuff just doesn't scale.  Either that or we are doing something
>> really wrong.  In any case the site is UN-USABLE.  We will continue with
>> our port of postnuke and see if we can come with a real forums/nukes on
>> jboss project.
>>
>> My bad. I make mistakes, I should have tested this under heavier load,
>> PHP plain doesn't work as is.  We will get the website back to its
>> former state. Bear with us.
>>
>> A humbler,
>>
>> marcf
>>
>> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Marc Fleury, Ph.D.
>> President, Founder
>> JBoss Group, LLC
>> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best regards,
 julien                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]