Hi Dain,

I had a look at the class and it looks like it should be pretty easy to do this in a servlet but the deployment may be an issue. The API includes setPort, setBindAddress, etc. Is there an abstract factory to create a Tomcat Connector/Jetty Adapter (or whatever the container may be) at runtime? If not is is okay to just default to 8083 and configure the port in the service xml config file?

The problem is also complicated by the fact that we need to add and remove ClassLoaders dynamically and WebService will no longer hold the instance of WebServer (unless there is an abstract factory).

You were looking for a volunteer and you get an essay :)

James

Dain Sundstrom wrote:
We have a small project open for a volunteer. In Jboss 2 and 3 we have a custom lightweight web server (port 8083) that returns java class files from the classLoader.getResouceAsStream to RMI clients (this is how remote class loading happens). I talked to Scott at JBoss Boot Camp and we think it is a good idea to replace this with a plain old Servlet for JBoss 4.0 so it can work with regular security, pooling and such. This is a fairly simple piece of code and shouldn't take longer then a day or two. If you are interested the code can be found in jboss-head/server/src/main/org/jboss/web/WebServer.java

-dain