I'd rather figure out what is causing the problem.  Does cursor == open
statement? Open resultset? Are you using cmp? If bmp are you closing
everything in finally blocks?

A known problem is that the jca-jdbc wrappers don't track open statements
for you and close them when you close the connection handle.  This is not
hard to fix, but I haven't done it yet.

You might be able to make a solution to this problem in any cvs version of
jboss if you can come up with some sql that will fail if too many cursors
are open on a connection.  All cvs versions now have
CheckValidConnectionSQL for you to set: if you set it, this statement is
executed when a connection is taken out of the pool and before it is handed
out to your application.  If you can determine from some Oracle info which
connection it is and how many cursors or how many times the statement has
been called, you could throw some kind of exception that would force the
connection to be destroyed.

thanks
david jencks