thank you all for your reply, i'll try and clear some things up for all
those that responded.

mark:
sorry if i sounded demanding.  i am more than willing to contribute my
knowledge (however limited) to help the jboss project continue to thrive.
i've been an avid user of jboss for the past 2 years now, and just recently
i've begun to dig into the actual code.  that being said, i still consider
myself a relative rookie, and my post was meant to ask advice, not demand
service.  again, sorry if my netiquete came off rude.

david, igor:
i'm using BMP beans and all of my database connections and prepared
statements are being closed in finally blocks.  my resulset's are not being
closed at all, but isn't it stated somewhere that closing the statement,
closes all resultsets?  i will test if closing resultset's makes any
difference.

bill, luke:
thank you for your ideas, i will be checking the oracle tables you mentioned
to see if i can get some more information.

thank you all again for your replies!
Ryan