On 2003.02.24 13:17 Bill Burke wrote:

> [...]

Can you explain why the invocation object has this unique metadata object
rather than always getting it from the advisor?  Is this how you want to
support customization of individual invocations?  But where does the
invocation come from?  How will it get this unique metadata?

I'd think that giving the "top of the chain" object the default metadata
and then providing some facility for pulling more in from the environment
would make sense.

My impression is that your Advisor object is the top of the interceptor
chain.  Is thie correct or wrong?

 The Invocation object does
> not
> have amashed down, merged set of metadata.

I didn't say it should. But for sure it should conceal how it looks up the
metadata from the guys who are asking for it.

  The Invocation only has a
> reference to the repositories not a copy of each metadata element.   I
> don't
> know if this is a good analogy, but I think of it as polymorphic data.
>
> > I have some code with  these ideas, I'll try to commit it or send
> > it to you
> > later today.
> >
> > I think it will take some experimentation to get something that works
> > really well.
> >

> I agree.  I want this chaining, but am open to the implementation.

fine

david