> j2ee.src.main.org.jboss.j2ee, messaging.src.main.org.jboss.mq, etc.  I
> guess it wants individual projects for each directory?

You can checkout the jboss source to work with and create new
java project with the link to the directory to which you cvs'd
the jboss modules. It will be pretty slow since there are a
lot if sources and eclipse will traverse thru them.

Now go thru each module and add its source root to the sources.
Right click project icon->properties->java build path->source->Add Folder

In the jboss directory you will have .classpath which contains
entries like following:

<classpathentry kind="src" path="your/path/to/the/of/jboss/moduleN/src" />

This would be the file you want to share with everyone :-)

I guess it makes sense project for each module because it would
be faster and you will not develop for every single module at the
simultaneously.