I've tried it various ways.. lately I've been doing
the following:

- compile source code manualy.
- adjust eclipse build path by: adding the source
folders of sub projects that I will be working with as
source folders.  (the default is no good)
- adjust eclipse build path by: adding all the jars in
the build/output/jboss*/lib and
build/output/jboss*/client and
build/output/jboss*/server/all/lib directories to the
project classpath.

Regards,
Hiram

http://www.jboss.org/forums/thread.jsp?forum=162&thread=28822.