persistence is not realistic for a prototype.  The rest is.

, #2, and #3a if I can focus solely on this for 5 days with no interuptions.

Wouldn't take too long on the server side.  I've already described how I
would do it with AOP.

> 2. Allow for remoting of the org.jnp.interfaces.Naming interface
> of the NamingService. How
> is this defined and where is the integration with the
> NamingService deployment.
> 3a. Allow for integration of role based security for lookups
> using the JaasSecurityManagerService
> and the java:/jaas/some-domain binding of the JaasSecurityManager. How
> is this defined and where is the integration with the
> NamingService deployment.

Along with my response to #1, I've already ported the security interceptors
to AOP interceptor framework.  I just need to test.  AOP configuration will
need an extension for JMX, but I don't think it would take long.

> 3b. Allow for persistence of binding to the filesystem. How
> is this defined and where is the integration with the
> NamingService deployment.

This would take longer.  If we can do 1-3a with the proposed AOP framework,
then we can do 3b.

> This is what this generation of JBoss is supposed to be about.
> Let's see this for every
> variation of interceptor framework as a throw-away testcase.
> Agreeing on a framework
> without such an excercise and then attacking the codebase enmass
> makes no sense to me
> right now.

I have applied the AOP framework to both TX and security and they seem to
fit for POJOs.  I have some notes and have thought extensively how it will
integrate with EJBs and JMX.  Its just a matter of shutting up and doing it.