Is JDK 1.4 now required to build? If not when are we going to add this requirement?

I need an IdentityHashMap for the ObjectCopier and would like to encapsulate and delegate to IdentityHashMap for JDK 1.4 (because of speed) and for JDK 1.3 I will just is an IdentityKey wrapper. This code will be way easier to write if I can assume that we are compiling in 1.4.

For now I will just write the 1.3 version.

-dain