I got no problem making 99% of CMP working on 1.3 (basicially anything that does not require JDBC3). It is just the #ifdef stuff I hate.

-dain

On Thursday, March 6, 2003, at 10:49 PM, Scott M Stark wrote:

Originally I said I thought we needed to keep 4.0 buildable by JDK 1.3,
but I'm starting to think otherwise. I'm about to give in to this demand.
If users cannot switch to JDK 1.4 then I'm willing to say they cannot
make use of the full set of features in 4.0. The remaining question I had
was can the core services remain binary compatible with JDK 1.3,
meaning JMX, AOP, deployers, etc. required to have a highly functional
microkernel for building on top of.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Scott Stark
Chief Technology Officer
JBoss Group, LLC
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dain Sundstrom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 9:59 AM
Subject: [JBoss-dev] Is JDK 1.4 required to build

Is JDK 1.4 now required to build? If not when are we going to add this
requirement?

I need an IdentityHashMap for the ObjectCopier and would like to
encapsulate and delegate to IdentityHashMap for JDK 1.4 (because of
speed) and for JDK 1.3 I will just is an IdentityKey wrapper.  This
code will be way easier to write if I can assume that we are compiling
in 1.4.

For now I will just write the 1.3 version.

-dain