Hello Bela,

Yes, we need some kind of policy. But I thought about something a little bit
different. In fact, there is already a way for services that have state to
know about partition merging and plug into it. Instead I thought about a
policy where you can receive events when you are no more "on the good side"
(defined by the policy) of the network partition. This could be, for
example, access to a common DB, some data in a common DB, the minimal size
of the partition, etc. As long as the policy is not satisfied, the service
would be in stand-by.

Cheers,

sacha