I agree with everything you say which is why I only read
the forums when I have to. Pitch in to help Julien create
something useable.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Scott Stark
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stefan Arentz wrote:

On Thursday, Mar 27, 2003, at 18:25 Europe/Amsterdam, Bill Burke wrote:

We've been trying hard to keep the development forums as the base of design
discussions. There's a lot of good information there.

The information there is good, but it is a pain to access the forums. Here are some of the reasons:

The jboss site is bloated with content. If i'm there to read forums I don't want to see flashing banners all the time. It slows down page loading a lot and takes up a lot of space on the screen.

The development forums are marked with 'no user questions here please' but nobody seems to care much. Questions about *any* subject are posted in random forums.

Searching in the forums is a pain. It would be so much nicer to be able to search by subject, and not see every single article in a thread but just the unqiue thread names.

It is *slow* to read. Nothing beats a good news or email reader. I read/browse through a backlog of 100 messages on this list in 15 minutes. On the forums it will take hours to even find the last messages.

What would really help is a forum2email gateway to relay new messages to an email address.

I know that begging for features is not allowed here :) so if it an option to add that as a module to the new nukes stuff then I can help out with that.

S.