All,

I saw this behavior already too. And I had some problems porting a BEA Weblogic
Application to JBoss because JBoss is looking exclusively for the <ejb-link> tag. The
BEA application I am trying to port is using the JNDI name in the application server
specific descriptor.

I don't know what the spec says to local-ref but I support Jan's suggestion.

--Marcus