From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 9:28 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [JBoss-dev] ClassCastException from
ProxyCompiler$Proxy35.getId(<generated>)

jboss-head from ~ July 1.
RedHat 8
JDK 1.4.1
Mysql

I have a simple bean that has auto-generated Integer primary keys.

MyLocal myLocal = myLocalHome.create(name, description);
myLocal.getName(); <-- works fine
myLocal.getDescription(); <-- works fine
myLocal.getId(); <-- Throws ClassCastException in the proxy.

Bean gets created fine.  Primary key comes back fine from the SQL insert
(verified in log file from debug from JDBCGetGeneratedKeysCreateCommand).

But, for some reason, when I call getId() it throws a ClassCastException.
Calling getName() and getDescription() work fine.

What's wierd, is that I can do a myLocalHome.findAll(), iterate through the
returned collection and call getId() on those just fine.

It just seems to be when I call getId() on the returned local ejb...

Any clues?

Thanks,
Michael

This is being done from a Servlet...