> From: Alexey Loubyansky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Hello Michael,
>
> at the moment, I can't comment on why findAll works.
>
> The cause, perhapsm is the types mismatch between the one that is used
> by MySQL driver for generated keys be default and the one you
> use for primary key column.
>
> AFAIK, MySQL's default is java.lang.Integer. Abstracting from
> vendor-specific types supported in current Branch_3_2. It is not yet
> ported to HEAD.

You got it.  MySQL is returning a Long for their generated keys.  In
Statement they use Types.BIGINT.

Meanwhile, we are mapping to Integer correctly in the normal load process,
so, that explains why everything else works.

So, what do we do about it?  Should JDBCGetGeneratedKeysCreateCommand test
for Number and convert to expected type?  Or should we urge MySQL to create
the type based upon the type of field it is?

Thanks,
Michael