Bugs item #576913, was opened at 2002-07-03 14:07
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by tom_doehler
You can respond by visiting: 
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=576913&group_id=22866

Category: JBossServer
Group: v3.0 Rabbit Hole
Status: Open
Resolution: None
Priority: 5
Submitted By: Georg Schmid (giorgio42)
Assigned to: Scott M Stark (starksm)
Summary: OutOfMemory after redeploys

Initial Comment:

JBoss3.0.1RC1 (zip file from sf), Solaris8, JDK 1.3.1_01

After deploying the same ejb jar file about 30 times I got
an OutOfMemory exception from the JVM.

The package contains about 30 EJBs (entity and 
SLSBs) and is 450 K in size.

The exception happened during the start of the 
redeployment.

Regression?

Georg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment By: Tom D�hler (tom_doehler)
Date: 2003-08-20 16:19

Message:
Logged In: YES 
user_id=618539

Is this #757856 the right patch id, I can't find it ??

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment By: Rod Burgett (rodburgett)
Date: 2003-06-20 19:09

Message:
Logged In: YES 
user_id=681969

I submitted a patch this morning, #757856, aimed at beefing 
up the cleanup method of DeploymentInfo.  It wasn't intended 
to address this particular EAR deployment issue, but it might 
help.


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment By: Scott M Stark (starksm)
Date: 2003-06-20 18:46

Message:
Logged In: YES 
user_id=175228

I'm working on the issue and there is no current workaround.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment By: Eric Jain (ejain)
Date: 2003-06-20 18:18

Message:
Logged In: YES 
user_id=474829

I can confirm this issue with JBoss 3.2.1 on Linux and Sun's 
Java 1.4.1. Loosing around 10MB of memory at every 
redeployment. The application consists of an ear with a 
nested war, jar and sar. Is anyone working on this issue, or 
is a workaround known (perhaps setting a scoped 
classloader)?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment By: Tim McCune (javajedi)
Date: 2003-03-28 20:22

Message:
Logged In: YES 
user_id=62441

This is a duplicate of bug 435958, which is currently closed
but I requested it be reopened.  There is also some
discussion of it in the forums, which used to be available
at http://jboss.org/forums/thread.jsp?forum=121&thread=27888
before the forums all went to hell this week.  I have had
this problem with every version of JBoss I've tried,
including 3.2RC4.  We have seen the problem manifest itself
on both Linux and Solaris, but interestingly, not on
Windows.  I talked to Scott Stark about this a couple days
ago, and he mentioned that he runs a leak test, but that he
normally runs it on Windows.  I suggested he try it on Linux
to at least recreate the problem.

As for 30 redeploys not being a problem, our ear file is 30
MB, so we run out of memory after about 6 redeploys.  Very
much a pain for us right now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment By: David Ward (dward2)
Date: 2003-03-27 15:03

Message:
Logged In: YES 
user_id=526282

We've actually seen this in all JBoss versions we've used
(2.4.x -> 3.x).  Not that I don't want it fixed - I do - but
we've come to the conclusion that we *never* do a
hot-redploy "30 times" on a production server.  In
development maybe, but it's acceptable (at least for us) there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You can respond by visiting: 
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=576913&group_id=22866


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Dice.com.
Did you know that Dice has over 25,000 tech jobs available today? From
careers in IT to Engineering to Tech Sales, Dice has tech jobs from the
best hiring companies. http://www.dice.com/index.epl?rel_code=104
_______________________________________________
JBoss-Development mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jboss-development

Reply via email to