On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 01:53, Juha Lindfors wrote:

> > When does JBoss.org have the meta-model of the whole stuff defined in
> > XSD and throuw the ugly DTD's away?
> > Then one is able to appy XSLT on the XSD's and all migration things
> > belonging to the meta-level are handled by the meta-level.
>
> EJB 2.1 & J2EE 1.4 IIRC

Why don't we start different threads for different issues?
This thread start out as discussing making management easier.

e.g. Joe Windows Admin wants a GUI Wizard entitled
"Configure datasource" preferably one that does not ask if he writing
letter :-)
How does Joe hates-GUIs programmer (i.e. me) maintain that wizard
and other management interfaces when I add configuration options
to the jdbc rars or db specifc plugins?

The datasource is a good/pathological example because it also includes
"advanced" configurations like the CMP mappings,
jbossmq persistence config and the pad=true xid for Oracle.
Showing disparate metadata needs to be combined in the management
view/tool.

Regards,
Adrian

> -- Juha