On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 02:22, Holger Baxmann @ mac wrote:

> >> Is anybody working on this DTD -> XSD transition ?
> >> Couldn't it be handy in this case, could it ?
> >>

> > Hi think Dr Jung has done something for web services,
> > otherwise did you just volunteer?
>
> I may have a look at this in my really spare time ... have a maybe-job
> for a winxp virtual device driver ;-)))
> I know about the beauty and the beast in XSD.
>
> Any sources of info/man/doc about the DTD content except the source?

Scott's posted some of the requirements in the past, e.g.
removing all the xml fluff. Let the container deal with the
metadata as objects.
One of the key issues is supporting the old deployments,
by translating them into the "new" object model.

jaxb doesn't cut it, it has limited/no support for changing schemas
or an already established object model.

Regards,
Adrian

> bax