Yes, this is how it works now.
The client side of the HAIL uses the singleton
notifications, which in turn use the DRM.
The question is how to implement the client stub so
that it does not have to be part of the cluster.

The smart RMI stubs take care of communicating with
the back end to receive regular snapshots of the
cluster view. There has to be additinal info about the
current singleton server. As Scott mentioned this can
be probably done as an extension to one of the load
balncing policies.

However UIL2 does not use the smart RMI stubs. How to
merge them? Just use the RMI stuff for HAIL and don't
worry about UIL2 for now?

Is the existing remoting at a stage that can replace
UIL2 without any loss of benefits ? I am not familiar
with it yet.

Ivelin