On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 11:45, Juha Lindfors wrote:
> You should check the 1.2 spec and see if they've made a decision on the
> case of the attribute names.
>
> -- Juha

Page 96 in "Predefined Descriptor Fields"

"Field names are not case sensitive. The field descriptorType can also
be referred
to as DescriptorType or DESCRIPTORTYPE. The case used when a descriptor
is
created or updated is preserved. It is recommended that the form shown
here be
used consistently."

So the case is unimportant. The only requirement is to
preserve the case externally.

Regards,
Adrian

> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Scott M Stark wrote:
>
> > The required ModelMBean destriptor fields like persistPolicy,
> > persistPeriod,
> > currencyTimeLimit are defined in ModelMBeanConstants as lower case
> > values.
> > These constants are used when parsing the XMBean xml descriptor
> > attributes
> > which need to be the case sensitive strings. Since these are converted
> > lowercase for the field lookups, why aren't the constants still being
> > defined with the proper case? I'm changing this in the 3.2 version,
> > shouldn't
> > this be done on head as well?
> >
> > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Scott Stark