Sherman --

Thanks for the heads up.

Quite timely, in fact. As a newcomer to JBoss CVS RW (just got added a few hrs ago),
I'm wading thru the tons of docs on Sourceforge, and thinking about how it maps to
Eclipse. It shouldnt be too tough just to check in a module update, but I'm the kind
of guy who likes to figure it all out (and understand more than the specific piece I
need) ... before hacking around and maybe making a mess.

I'm guessing these are the right cmds (incorporating your hostname news) if I were to
be using a shell...

    export CVS_RSH=ssh
  |     cvs [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/jboss login
  |     cvs -z3 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/jboss co nukes
  |
  |     cvs -z3 update -Pd
  |
  |     cvs -z3 ci

...but maybe I'm missing something important, and I still dont know what gotchas there
might be with doing this from the combination of Eclipse and SecureCRT (my SSH
client... I dont even know whether Eclipse has its own SSH client ?, or if it has to
go out to mySecureCRT ?)

A quick step by step, specifically for the JBoss/Nukes - Sourceforge - Eclipse
combination, would be most appreciated. (including how to make sure that only the
module that I wish to update is updated (even if I've modified other modules locally),
how to avoid overwrites from the server of any of my local changes that are not in CVS
yet, and eliminate risk of screwing anything up in CVS outside of the specific files I
wish to commit.)

Thanks!
-- Howard

View the original post :