Once again, wading thru tons of docs all over the web... about the quirks of working
with CVS and SSH in the context of Sourceforge and Eclipse ... and then it turns out
to be really easy....

Practicing what I'm preaching, I'll throw out some breadcrumbs for those who come
later:

* Login at Sourceforge and read the "Introduction to SourceForge.net Project CVS
Services for Developers" even tho only 10% is relevant.
https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=768&group_id=1#develoverview

* You can use any SSH client to log in to Sourceforge first time to create a home dir;
you dont have to use the same SSH client that you will later use to do checkouts,
updates, and commits.

If xxxxx is your sourceforge user id...
ssh -l xxxxx cvs.sourceforge.net

You'll see something like this:

The authenticity of host 'cvs.sourceforge.net (66.35.250.207)' can't be established.
  | DSA key fingerprint is 02:ab:7c:aa:49:ed:0b:a8:50:13:10:c2:3e:92:0f:42.
  | Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
  | Warning: Permanently added 'cvs.sourceforge.net,66.35.250.207' (DSA) to the list
of known hosts.
  | [EMAIL PROTECTED]'s password:
  | Creating directory '/home/users/x/xx/xxxxx'.
  |
  | Welcome to cvs1.sourceforge.net
  |
  | This is a restricted Shell Account
  | You cannot execute anything here.
  |
  | Connection to cvs.sourceforge.net closed.

* For checkouts, updates, and commits, use extssh  in Eclipse. Built-in SSH client, no
need to screw with encryption key generation, nice.

* Almost the same as anonymous (pserver) checkouts into Eclipse:

        Open the CVS Repository Explorer (Window > Open Perspective > Other > CVS
Repository Exploring)
        Create a new Repository Location using the right context menu.
        Specify the hostname as cvs.sourceforge.net
        the repository path as /cvsroot/jboss
        As a registered developer  you can use connection type extssh and your
sourceforge user-id and password.
        Open "Head" in the "/cvsroot/jboss" repository, and choose "nukes" with a
right-click and select "Check out".

When you want to to commit, right click in the tree on the lowest level node that
contains the files you want to commit, then to the Team submenu, then Commit...

Yup, even tho theres no decent doco, the actual Eclipse/Sourceforge combo indeed
doesnt suck.

--- Howard

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3834913#3834913