As I've said, they timeout, whether through the Eclipse Update manager, or through the
browser. The only way I can connect to the Sourceforge site is using the format
specified by Sourceforge in that paragraph. I used to be able to access each project
the way you've specified last year, but then they updated their site and now, it has
to be done through this new URL format.

When I change the URLs to:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jboss/snapshots/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jboss/jbosside/updates/

I am able to access the site, but it gives me the summary page. If I try the URL
format string that you provide, the browser times out with a network connection time
out. I know the summary page is not the correct location either (it didn't work in the
download manager, and I experimented with putting any word after the UNIXNAME/ and it
would show the project summary page so it is defaulting to that page. But I can't
access Sourceforge the way you specify. I can try it for the next day, the next week,
the next month, and it won't change because it hasn't changed for the last several
months.

I notice that you are in France. The other time this came up was with a project that
was hosted in Germany. I wonder if Sourceforge is structured different here US west
coast and in Europe. I've sent a request into Sourceforge for help. So far there is no
response. That is the only reasonable explanation I can think of because I have
nothing set up in my network that would preclude Sourceforge from setting up properly,
and besides, Sourceforge's own documentation specifies the format I describe (for all
references to project information.

The quote that you provide is in error for the Sourceforge here. It may say that under
your JBOSS documentation, but that is not what Sourceforge supports anymore. They have
made a system wide change to access project information. Maybe this change hasn't
happened on the web servers that you access from France, but the change has definitely
happened here because it is all over the Sourceforge documentation.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3834489#3834489

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3834489